When considering your branding and advertising it pays to think very carefully what effects these have on your customers emotions.
We chose orange and blue at Orangeseaweed as it represents vital energy, sociability, speed, wisdom, intellect and attention attracting. That sums us up in a few words!
- Black. Despite the mass production of black clothes, it can cause depression among potential consumers. Meanwhile, black fonts look quite appropriate and traditional. Black has always been fashionable; at present, it’s a symbol of solidity and high quality. It is linked with night, mystery, and sadness.
- White is neutral. As a rule, it serves as a background against which any information is perceived easily. At the same time, white is too bad to make accents. It almost never causes negative associations. White is associated with purity, youth, and light. But note that a single color can have different meanings depending culture. For example, in Japan, white symbolizes death.
- Purple contributes to the adopting of creative solutions. It is a color of abstraction and inner concentration, popular among creative people. Purple conveys wisdom, artistry, inspiration, nobility, and mystery. It’s good for advertising with an accent on creativity.
- Blue calms, adjusts the user to the rational decision-making, does not excite the mind and does not cause negative emotions. At the same time, it’s one of the best colors to attract attention. Peace, tranquility, depth, wisdom, and silence are the main associations.
- Light blue is a color of intellect and harmony. The semantics of light blue: ice, cold, purity, sincerity, and indifference.
- Green can provide healing and relaxing effects by its neutrality. That is why it is so often used in advertising of medicines, clinics, health centers, etc. It’s associated with life, nature, harmony, naturalness, and kindness.
- Yellow is sociable. It can make the advertised product “intelligent” and help to absorb new ideas. Yellow works best in advertising of children’s goods. The semantics of yellow: sun, holiday, joy, freedom, and anxiety.
- Orange causes a surge of vital energy and protects customer against the negative impact of external factors. Orange can make the consumer more active. Movement, sociability, cheerfulness, speed are the main features.
- Red stimulates the consumer to take immediate decisions and commit rash actions, so it is typical for advertising. However, red should be used in moderation because an overabundance of it may cause irritation and aggression. The semantics of red: passion, life, will, struggle, activity, and fire.